Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Anglican Conversions

According to their web site, the Anglican Church in America is looking to accept the Pope's invitation.

We, the House of Bishops of the Anglican Church in America of the Traditional Anglican Communion have met in Orlando, Florida, together with our Primate and the Reverend Christopher Phillips of the "Anglican Use" Parish of Our Lady of the Atonement (San Antonio, Texas) and others.

At this meeting, the decision was made formally to request the implementation of the provisions of the Apostolic Constitution Anglicanorum coetibus in the United States of America by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

So this is good news. According to The American Catholic, this would mean 99 parishes and cathedrals coming over.

This whole movement has definitely inspired me. I had been debating on my next trip to Texas as to whether I would try to attend a Syro-Malabar liturgy or an Anglican Use. With all that's been going on, I think I'll be opting for the latter now, just to check it out.

No comments: