Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ramblings of a Theological Prostitute

Before anyone objects (again) to my use of the term "theological prostitute," please note (again) that I didn't come up with that terminology. The Pope did.

Anyways, this is the latest bullcrap from Richard McBrien, best known as a long-time heretic at my alma mater. He really doesn't provide anything new, but I wanted to put this up as a great example for why folks like McBrien are completely cracked in the head.

To set it up, McBrien has just re-affirmed his status as a heretic. The Boston Globe online presents the follow-up exchange as:

IDEAS: And why don't you leave?

McBRIEN: Because it's my church. It's my home. And I was born in it. I've been a Catholic all my life. And I have affirmation from so many good people. I feel that I have a responsibility to them to continue working at it and doing the best I can.

The comments at the bottom even notice the problem with this statement. He isn't sticking around because he shares the Catholic Faith. It's just "where he lives," for lack of a better paraphrase. Oh, and he has a couple of neighbors that like him. This is the perfect example of the religious psychosis that is affecting the entire nation. Whether or not the faith is true is now irrelevant. All that matters is that you are comfortable there and have some buddies that hi-five you every now and then.

No comments: