Thursday, June 11, 2009

Seems Like Old Times

When the Dominicans are running the Holy Office, er, I mean, the CDF, again, I have to believe that things are on an upswing. I had no idea that there was an OP still that highly placed there. Short-lived, though. Whispers has Fr Joseph Augustine Di Noia from the USA as the new Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.

The article says that he was the director of doctrine for the USCCB. I wonder if he had anything to do with the removal of the wacky statement about Judaism from the US Catechism.

Another thought here. What with Cardinal Levada being the boss at the CDF and Archbishop Burke's position (and rumored red hat), how did the USA come up with so many highly-placed prelates in the Vatican? And in doctrinally sensitive areas at that?

Makes me believe all the talk about how, no matter how bad we think things are here, Europe et al have it much worse.

*Edited

1 comment:

Turgonian said...

I believe it.

But it is curious, considering that America is probably the most Protestant nation in history.