Monday, June 15, 2009

The Results Are In!

And the consensus is apparently that the nominations sucked. Low turnout this year. That's something we'll have to work on, I suppose.


St. Thomas Becket Awesomeness Award for Bishop of the Year

Archbishop Burke For His Discussion Of The Obama/ND Invite


St. Pius V Papal Moment of the Year

Pope Benedict's Defense Of His Lifting The Excoms


Loisy Award for Modernist of the Year

Nancy Pelosi For Scaring The Hell Out Of Us


St. Ephrem the Syrian Award for Best Catholic Media Effort of the Year

The Pave The Way Foundation's Work In Promoting Pope Pius XII For Sainthood


I'll admit that I was a bit surprised by some of the results. I definitely didn't expect for the Pave the Way Foundation to win out, nor for Nancy Pelosi to win in such runaway fashion. Clearly, the Call to Action folks need to turn the volume up to Eleven for next time. Not to much that can really be determined, though, given the sample size. Just that I'm still getting to know my readers, I think.

Much obliged to all who participated. The aforementioned big announcement is coming up later this week, so keep tuning in.

No comments: