Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cardinal O'Brien's Statement

Very interesting bit from Rorate. The relevant part:

In recent days certain allegations which have been made against me have become public. Initially, their anonymous and non-specific nature led me to contest them.

However, I wish to take this opportunity to admit that there have been times that my sexual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal.

There is a ton of weirdness packed into those three sentences. Regardless, it's pretty obvious that he's throwing in the towel.

Onto the General Congregations for tomorrow. Most rumors seem to be indicating the conclave will start Thursday.

1 comment:

Atticus said...

Nixon couldn't have said it better himself, a modified limited hangout that became inoperative. Good riddance.

Can one dare dream that something new is afoot?

The Scouring of the Shire is long overdue.